So just what are my goals? Here’s the list! I also will be breaking down these goals in later posts by explaining just why I want to do them and how I plan to achieve them.
You’ll notice in the list that I’ve included percentages with some of them. Those indicate how far along I am to achieving that goal. In order for a goal to be added to the list, it needed to be something that is well-defined and quantitative. I want to know exactly when I accomplish a goal.
So without further ado- my list! (Last updated 08/31/10; 18 goals accomplished so far)
1. Visit all 50 US states. (22/50; 44%)
2. Fly first class on an airline. Completed on 10/11/09
3. Visit all seven continents. (3/7; 42%)
4. Live in a foreign country for a year
5. Fly around the world on a round-the-world ticket.
6. Go on a Panama Canal cruise.
7. Spend 3 weeks in New Zealand.
8. Go overseas. Completed on 10/8/09
9. Take a roadtrip with friends
10. See Niagara Falls
11. Go to Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
12. See the “bean” in Chicago. Completed on 04/16/10
13. Go see a taping of the Colbert show in New York City.
14. Cross into Canada by boat.
15. Cross into Canada by foot.
16. Have a steak dinner in Argentina.
17. Visit Cedar Point
18. See the Hong Kong light show.
19. See a taping of NPR’s “Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me” in Chicago.
20. Visit all the US national parks. (3/58; 5%)
21. Wear the clothing of a native country in that country.
22. Take a gondola through the canals of Venice.
23. Visit one of the international Girl Scout houses.
24. Fly on Singapore airlines.
25. Go see an Olympics sporting event in person.
26. Visit all of Canada’s territories and provinces. (2/12; 16.6%)
27. Visit the Galapagos islands.
28. Ride Amtrak’s “City of New Orleans” train.
29. Fly 100 airline routes. (20%)
30. Visit Easter Island.
31. Take a trip through the Chunnel.
32. Enjoy wine and cheese while watching an outdoor movie.
33. Ride on a zipline. Completed July 2010
34. Ride in a hot-air balloon.
35. Hold up a sign in the Today Show crowd. Completed in September 2009
36. Have breakfast at Tiffany’s.
37. Sing in the rain.
38. See the world’s biggest ball of twine.
39. Be a pollworker.
40. Go parasailing.
41. Swim with dolphins.
42. Go scuba diving.
43. Take an overnight kayak trip.
44. Spend the night in a treehouse.
45. Feel the rain down in Africa.
46. Spend the night at a bed and breakfast.
47. Attend a wine tasting. Completed November 2009
48. Ride on a camel.
49. Experience freefall on a zero-g plane.
50. Plan and take an out-of-state trip in less then 24 hours.
51. Ride in a rickshaw.
52. Stand in two places at once.
53. Go to a market and barter for an item. Completed August 2010
54. See snow in the city.
55. Visit an In ‘n Out.
56. See penguins in the wild.
57. Maintain an active blog for a year. Completed October 2009
58. Learn intermediate Spanish.
59. Work in a bookstore for 3 months.
60. Try 50 new recipes and keep track of them by taking photos of the dishes.
61. Become a millionaire. (>10%)
62. Get paid to be a tour guide.
63. Finish Guitar Hero II on Hard.
64. Fly solo in an airplane.
65. Knit a blanket.
66. Make a pillow quilt.
67. Change the oil myself in my car.
68. Learn how to play Coldplay’s “Clocks” on piano.
69. Work at a hotel for 3 months.
70. Make my own candles.
71. Make sushi.
72. Bake bread.
73. Make a beanbag dragon.
74. Eat a no-meat diet for 30 days. Completed July 2009
75. Run a marathon.
76. Run a 5k race. Completed April 2009
77. Run a 10k race.
78. Run a half-marathon
79.Floss for 30 days straight. Completed 12/25/08
80. Donate $100 to Kiva.
81. Do something very special for some of my loved ones.
82. Do volunteer work on another continent. Completed August 2010
83. Participate in a Habitat for Humanity project.
84. Volunteer at a Give Kids the World event.
85. Make a pledge during an NPR or PBS pledge drive.
86. Buy a condo
87. Read all of Shakespeare’s plays.
88. Read “A Tale of Two Cities” by Charles Dickens. (Completed 3/02/09)
89. Collect all of C.S. Lewis’ writings.
90. Establish a dinner club and keep it going for at least six months.
91. Buy all of Donald Miller’s books. (Completed 2/11/09)
92. Have a penpal for at least six months. Completed August 2010
93. Frame and hang 10 pictures of friends and family to display in my apartment.
94. Fill 5 journals with my traveling adventures.
95. Watch all 100 films on the 2007′s AFI’s Top 100 films list. (31%)
96. Post 10,000 pictures on Facebook. (1,365/10,000; 13.7%)
97. Try a Malbec wine. Completed November 2009
98. Host a wine tasting with wines I’ve brought back from other places.
99.Pay off my car. Completed 5/14/09
100. Write a book and get it published.